Huntly Business Needs Survey 2006
The Huntly Business Needs Survey (HBNS) was commissioned by HBA in June 2006. In all, 113 local businesses completed the survey.
( download HBNS synopsis - pdf 1.5 MB )
The four objectives were to:
- Compile an up-to-date datbase of businesses in and around Huntly.
- Identify key issues that businesses need to address in order for them to flourish.
- Implement those needs through co-operation with ATP and other public sector organisations.
- Learn how HBA can serve local businesses.
Some key findings:
- Positive aspects are location, people, environment, word-of-mouth business.
- Concerns: transport costs, bureaucracy, supermarket competition.
Some HBA recommendations:
- Bureaucracy and cash flow issues should be addressed through training and one-to-one sessions.
- Continued support for Huntly and District Tourism Action Group to develop tourism in the area.
- Organise training in marketing, product and service development, customer care, and staff recruitment
- Introduce a 'loyalty' scheme with Huntly traders.
- Encourage the use of the internet, ICT and e-commerce.
Painter and decorator also specialising in wood restoration
Strathbogie Flooring Ltd
Flooring, 3c Granary Street